Friday, January 9, 2015

Bookmarks Links/Bedside Table

Currently reading/enjoying:
  • The Brief History of the Dead, by Kevin Brockmeier.
  • The War of Art, by Steven Pressfield.
  • Emerald City, by Jennifer Egan. (I love everything that she writes--I am guessing I will love this!)
  • The current issue of POETRY....it. is. stunning. I started to list the poets I was excited to read, but I was listing every poet.
Hope you are all staying warm, friends! What are you reading as you begin the new year?

2 comments

  1. Hannah--always read your Friday post with interest, but especially today. I read Kevin Brockmeier's Brief History of the Dead several years ago and have been stumped trying to remember the author or title. Thanks for filling in that blank, so I can recommend it to others. It was an amazing, haunting story that's stayed with me for years. Also, never sure if this is a rhetorical question you ask each week, but here's what I'm reading: Just finished Station Eleven, by Emily St. John Mandel--fantastic, beautiful story. After reading all the hype and good/bad reviews, I'm now in the middle of Donna Tartt's The Goldfinch. And I'm always in the middle of a couple of poetry books--at the moment, Say Uncle, by Kay Ryan and Models Of The Universe, a prose poem anthology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so glad to hear! It's funny--the title hasn't stuck with me at all. I keep forgetting the title, too! :)

    Thank for sharing your list--definitely not a rhetorical question. I love Kay Ryan--I'll have to check out that collection!

    ReplyDelete

The Storialist. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.